Before I start off today’s post I would just like to say to all my Malay kawans, and everyone else out there:
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!
Anyway, now to get down to business - so a few days ago I got a call from Tharindu; he was like really upset and all with the outcome of things in his life. He was accepted into a University in Sri Lanka but was reluctant to take the offer because it meant that he only had a few more days to spare in Brunei. Naturally I’d feel bummed if I had to leave in a few days and not have enough time to see my friends... So I told him to call up Monash (another University that he applied to in Australia) and ask if they can give him an offer at this time since it’s his first choice, but since they couldn’t give him an offer, he had no choice but to take on Sri Lanka, scared that if he rejected this offer and Monash in time rejects him and he’d have no other place to go to...
So yes, that’s pretty much the background details that led up to today’s outing event. Tharindu’s leaving tomorrow and so he decided to hold a last minute hang out with the gang as a farewell party. We met up and roamed around Yayasan for a bit until we got all insecure with the numerous “worker” men hanging around. We headed to Fratini’s for an early dinner because of our insecurities (this was around 4pm) and we ordered dessert first before main course. Nadia and I decided to share everything that we ordered; chocolate pudding and seafood linguine since the prices were a little overwhelming - no more 50% off!
We had our dessert, and our main course. We spent at least 3 hours at Fratini’s before actually moving out to head home. Within those 3 hours we were talking, playing games on Tharindu’s new iPhone4 and just talking I guess... Tharindu at one point got really dirty; well actually he didn’t mean to, I just interpreted it in that way (one of my many personalities - being dirty minded). Tharindu said, “I’m vibrating” actually referring to the phone that was vibrating in his pocket; and of course any dirty minded person would react to that wrongly HAHA! Geez Tharindu!
So when the 7:15PM mark approached, we all started to make our way home. It was quite a long day to be honest, but nonetheless fun as we got to hang out and just chill. Tomorrow all the drama begins as we watch Tharindu leave Brunei to Sri Lanka :(
I’m actually thinking of making this post a tribute for Tharindu... But, nah! Maybe tomorrow’s post! Pictures of him crying (if he does at the airport)! His flight is SO early in the morning tomorrow though; 9AM which means that we have to be at the airport around 7AM in order to see him off. I better pack myself some tissues incase the tears do start to run down my face. Stay tuned in for updates on Tharindu’s departure :(
THARINDU SANDARUWAN! I’M GONNA MISS YOU OH SO TERRIBLY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment