Thursday, 2 September 2010

C'est Septembre!


Oui, c’est déjà Septembre and what I way to start off the new month... I’m sick at home with a terrible cough, and on top of that, it’s that time of the month for me - what a horrible feeling! I can’t imagine myself like this if I were in Alberta; what a way to start off meeting new people for the very first time! Anyway, I know it’s not technically September 1st yet in Alberta, but if Brunei time were Alberta time, I should be with my peer group and chatting up with other students during a thing called ‘Transitions’ for International Students... Oh well, I’m sure no one’s gonna miss me right? I mean, I’ve only meet 4 other girls who are going to Alberta; Stephanie (the sweetest Peruvian), Cindy (from Hong Kong if I’m not mistaken), Maheen (from Pakistan) and of course, my peer leader Amrita who is currently on her second (or third?) year at Alberta. Sigh, I can’t believe I won’t be meeting them... But hey, maybe in the future?
Anyway, besides being sick and moping around the house; as you can see from my display picture above, I am currently, well I actually haven’t opened the book yet - reading a book that one of my fellow escargots (we call each other that after a role play that we did on snails during our French class) gave me as a ‘supposed’ going away gift for University. I only said supposed because, well, I’m not off to Uni just yet and neither is he so we’re both still in the same country... Anyway, he thought the book would be very appropriate seeing as it says “Talk to the Snail” - you know, our whole escargot name-calling thing? Yeap, the book is definitely mine to keep (as seen on the picture on the right, he wrote that on the very first page) and I shall get cracking on it once I’m done writing this post!
Lastly before I end this post ad go off to read, I’d just like to share with you a picture of one of my portfolio pieces that I finished yesterday. I hope you like it! It was inspired by the ‘Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil’ that was mention in the Holy Bible where Eve was tempted by a serpent to eat from the tree. well, this version is a modernised Tree of Knowledge:


No comments:

Post a Comment