So the morning began early with me waking up at 6AM to get ready to head to the airport and send off a very important person in my life - one of my best guy friends that I could ever have. Yes, unfortunately the time has come for Tharindu to leave the ISB clan...
I still remember the day that he first came into ISB; it wasn’t a grand or hilarious entrance, but remembering how the day went made me laugh and smile. It was the very first day of Year 6 and we didn’t know that we had new students arriving into our class. Ms. Green, our teacher, called out the register, Ali she said. Since practically everyone in our class were the same (meaning the same classmates from Year 5), we all remembered the register order. So, I thought she meant to call out my name and so I corrected her thinking that she said Ally. I raised my hand and said “It’s Allison”. She looked down at her register and said, “No that’s the next name”. Then as the register went on further, Valerie knew that her name was next to be called out on the register. So when Ms. Green called out “Tharindu” Val laughed, raised her hand and said, “It’s actually Valerie”. Most epic and hilarious first day of school to be honest! Anyway, after we all settled down, two guys were brought in by a teacher into our class, and yes, it was Ali and Tharindu! What a skinny boy Tharindu was back in the day! To be honest, I never talked to him in the earlier years but I think it was around Year 10 when I started talking and befriending him. We’ve had our ups and downs (cat fights as such), but we’ve always managed to find a way to work it out. I mean, our cat fights have been like a tradition every end of the term and so naturally the friends around us would find it weird if we didn’t have a fight at all!
But enough reminiscing about back in the day; let’s talk about what happened at the airport this morning...
So yes, it was an early day (like I said earlier), and not many people came; it was only Cheryl, Hui Yen, Nadia, Nur and myself who could see him off that morning. Yeah, all girls; it makes me wonder what his parents thought when he saw us sending him off. Once his baggages were checked in, we went to RBC Express Fast Food - well, we didn’t want to eat anything but his mother insisted that we get something and they’d pay for it. Guilt trip! Well only because Tharindu paid for our desserts yesterday at Fratini’s - oh well! His mom said so anyway!
After having a drink and a bite to eat, it was time to say our final goodbyes to Tharindu. He couldn’t give us a hug goodbye for reasons being that his parents are around - and hugging 5 girls? LOL. No tears were shed as he walked through the immigration doors; never to be seen again (until December so he says).
Before I end this, I’d like to apologise to Tharindu in advance if he’s reading this post; I just can’t resist what I’m about to say!
Good luck to you Tharindu and all the best! Play safe, use a condom, and don’t come running back to Brunei to tell me that you got a girl pregnant by not practicing safe sex :P
Exeunt.
OMG....I miss tharstar too!
ReplyDelete