What a depressing day I might add; well only because two of my very best friends are leaving today (I have many best friends okay? :P); same time, same flight. So we were at the airport around 4PM and stood around and talked to Andrew, Nabilah and basically everyone else. Well, the crowd was a bit divided because Andrew had his classmates from other schools and Nabilah had her family, so the ISB clan just stuck together and, well, talked. It was funny thought because we saw Adam at the airport sending off one of his relatives, and we approached him and said “Are you here to see Andrew or Nabilah off too?” And he was like, in a quiet tone, “I didn’t know they were leaving today.” So I guess it was fate that dragged him to the airport today - well, more or like his Mom got him to go to the airport as according to him, he was too lazy to drop off his cousin, but his Mom made him go anyway. He got to see Andrew and Nabilah off too!
When the 5PM mark hit, Andrew started to cry - OMG! It was a shocker for me to see him cry, well, only because I’ve NEVER seen him cry in public before! It was something new. Anyway, his crying died down a bit as we said our final goodbyes to him; and then there he went again! He cried again when he gave his Dad one last hug before going through immigration. Because he cried, I started to cry; it was just so touching to see father and son hugging, and Andrew crying. Val and I actually made it our mission to get Andrew to cry if he didn’t. Val even went to the extreme and said that she’d bring onions (she didn’t by the way) and that I’d bring pepper to make him sneeze and have a runny nose (which I didn’t also by the way); but I guess we didn’t even need these things to get him to cry. After the tears were shed, Andrew and his Mom made their way through immigration, and poof! Andrew was gone.
Giving Andrew his last hug from me (but hopefully not the last forever)
Andrew’s other friends left, but the ISB clan stayed behind and waited for Nabilah. Nabilah was saying her goodbyes to her family, and then us. She wasn’t all that emotional like Andrew, maybe because she’s over that phase seeing that this is part 2 (part 1 was two years ago when she first left to UK). After giving us her hugs, she went through immigration. Before she went in, I managed to ask her when she’d be coming back to Brunei, and she said next year - something to look forward to!
So yes, it was indeed a ‘partly’ emotional afternoon for us, but we all know that it’s not the last time we’ll see each other again. The very best of friends will always find ways to reunited with each other even if it’s just for a short while...
As you know, after seeing someone off at the airport, I always take a trip down memory lane (well, I only started it with Tharindu so Nyssa, if you’re reading this, sorry I didn’t make one for you).
Andrew Isaac Ng Kok How:
When Andrew first came to school, I wouldn’t say that we instantly ‘clicked’ for he hung out with people outside my circle of friends. I think I got to know him a little more because I knew his brother (we used to play violin together at Church every saturday); but honestly, I cannot remember how we started out to be friends. As the years went by, we’ve had our ups, and the downs that aren’t worth mentioning. There were times that we didn’t get along, apologies were made and still came out the very best of friends in the end. Unforgettable laughters and jokes, and the classic ‘dictionary’ (inside joke). Good luck in University Andrew and don’t forget the little people behind you, like me, Siti and Valerie! We’ll be waiting for an invite to your wedding, not that we’re rushing you into getting married! Study first, then work, then settle down okay? Below is a summary of our friendship (obviously there are plenty more photos, but I just picked the photos of the two of us to really show our friendship):
Nabilah Amdani (aka Nabooby Armani):
The photo above is a montage of the times we spent together before she left to the UK 2 years ago. Obviously there are more photos, but I just chose the photos of just the two of us. Like Andrew, I’ve known Nabilah since Year 10 as well, but she left to the UK after Year 11, so we didn’t have much time together to spend as friends. Two years later she returned to Brunei, and she was still the same Nabilah I had known back in Year 10. Like Andrew as well, I have a fuzzy memory of how she and I came about to be the very best of friends. I’m thinking that she was friends with Amirah first since they were in the same class, and I just knew Nabilah through her. Well, I’m glad we got to know each other because now she’s like my most trusted wife (yes we got married before she left to the UK), LOL.
I’m gonna miss the two of you terribly! Oh and just so you know, Andrew and Nabilah are friends as well :) They might appear two different people to each other in my post today...



No comments:
Post a Comment