As the title says so, we say goodbye to another member of the ISB clan Ms. Wong Hui Yen. We gathered at the airport around 4PM and just stood around for an hour just talking and catching up with each other. After a while, Hui Yen went to check in her bags with her cousin and her Uncle and Aunt (both of them if I’m not mistaken?). A few minutes later, she was out, but time to head through immigration and so we said our goodbyes; tears were shed, especially from Hazim :( awwwwwwwwwwww so sweet yet so sad at the same time. I love those two love birds :) I was about to cry, but I managed to hold it in; sorry - I was wearing eye makeup :S So yeah, that’s what happened at the airport; I know it sound so dreary coming from me, but hey, this is a tribute for my Vutch!
First of, let’s start way, way, way, way, WAY back in Kindergarten:
Yes, that’s me and Hui Yen (on the left and on the right) there way way back! And here is a picture montage of our Secondary friendship as we reconnected (story will follow as to why I said “reconnected”):
So the picture isn’t exactly one from Kindergarten (it’s actually a photo in Year 1), but hey! We met in Kindergarten... And I remember the girl in the middle; I just don’t know how to spell her name but it’s pronounced Noh-Whal. Anyway, not that she isn’t important, but this post is dedicated to my dear darling Vutch. Ah yes! Before I start reminiscing about the past, let me explain the name ‘Vutch’. It’s not a nice name to have actually, but the both of us grew into it. The root word is actually Bitch; but then I remember that while chatting on MSN, we talked about switching letters like how we changed the name Lucas to Pucas - only because of a mere typo since L and P are near to each other on the keyboard. So, first it became Butch and then finally to Vutch - and that’s the history of the word Vutch. Now you can see why it’s not particularly a nice name to have because we’re technically calling each other a female dog; but hey, we say it in a nice tone and a polite way. We say “Vutch!” or “Hey Vutch!” when greeting, we NEVER go “OMG you’re such a Vutch!” or “Vutch!” in that horrid tone...
Anyway, enough about Vutch (as in the word ‘Vutch’) and let’s move onto the drama. We started of as friends in Kindergarten throughout Primary. Then in Primary 6, somehow we became sworn enemies over a petty game of handball - yes, I remember the evil eyes we’d give each other as we tried to smash each other out as we got into the square. So childish right? Anyway, after that we never talked to each other throughout high school but somehow being put in the same class with her in Year 10 for English made us grow closer, including her other friend Amirah. She was friends with Amirah and Siobhan, and funny thing, I was even blamed for stealing that both of them away from Siobhan. Well, all I can say is that I didn’t steal anyone away from anyone, we just because really close friends. It was also in this part of our high school life that Abigail Morgan, Brigitte Marc, Jacqueline Hart and Sophia Davis were born; also known as (in the same order) Allison Geronimo, Amirah Aji, Jacqueline Wong “Hui Yen” and Valerie Wee. The first set of names mentioned were our screen names that we came up with for a story that we wrote - yes, the stories were about us, our high school life, our social life and our love life. The characters in our stories were real but of course, names had been changed.
After that, we fly right into IB and all I can say is that we drifted apart. We had some fights about small things, but patched things up right away, but still we weren’t the girls we used to be back in Year 10 and Year 11. We made new friends and found new groups, but it wasn’t all such a big loss, I had Valerie and Hui Yen had Amirah. We still talk and share secrets, but we didn’t have lunch together nor hung out together that often. But even though the gap, all four of us still remained the very best of friends.
I’d like to end this post with a picture montage of the times that I’ve spent with Hui Yen up to the time that she left us to further her studies in the UK. Goodbye Hui Yen! But remember, this will never be the LAST time that we’ll say goodbye. Hope to meet you back in Brunei in December!
Love you Vutch!


No comments:
Post a Comment