Sunday, 5 September 2010

Andrew's 19th Bday/Farewell Party


So I arrived early at his house (5PM when the party only actually starts around 7PM) only because my Mom, sisters and Ate Jing headed to church at around 6PM. Soon, Hui Yen and Hazim arrived so we decided to go on the Singstar and sing our throats off - I was on a winning streak, but damn my sore throat! I still managed to reach the Superstar level though - with a cold! How awesome (and sad) am I? :P
Soon, 7PM arrived and not a lot of people were there at his place yet. So we headed outside to his garage area where the catered buffet was and just started eating. Soon the others (namely the ‘ISB peeps’ as Andrew would call us) arrived. After a bit, it started to rain heavily; so much for a wet party. We decided to head back into the house after having our dinner. It was a little chaotic inside the house since practically all his guests were there either avoiding the heavy downpour or getting changed to get wet on the bouncer and with water balloons. We hung out by the staircase since the living room was filled and so was the dining area.
After a while, the others (namely the non-ISB or non-ex-ISB people) were changed at getting wet outside. We tried to get onto the Singstar but just our luck, the microphones ran out of battery so we scoured the house just to look for batteries. Unfortunately the batteries weren’t on our side and so, we moped around in the living room talking about stuff, having small, non-serious bitch fights (mainly between me and Javier), playing with bunny ears and camwhoring. Yeah, most of us, well actually all of us either had our reasons not to go on the bouncer while other didn’t go on the bouncer because we didn’t go on the bouncer... Did that make sense? Basically, I had my ‘girl’ reasons and so did others; other didn’t bother so those that did bother didn’t want to look like lonely losers on the bouncer thus did not get wet. I think that made a little bit more sense...
The night went by quick, and so by 10PM it was time to blow Andrew’s cake. After that, we chilled out for a while back in the house, and soon, it was time for me to go home. Andrew’s party was actually until 1AM, but I had to get home early because my cousin Jing was off to the airport to Philippines at midnight and the next day my sisters Angela and Alyssa had to be at the airport by 5:30AM for their 7AM flight to Kota Kinabalu (KK); it’s their Church Confirmation Retreat - more information about these two matters will be posted up tomorrow provided that I don’t snooze off from the lack of sleep. By the looks of this busy schedule, I don’t think I’ll be getting any sleep at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment