August 12th! Kok Sherman’s birthday - just nice that I’ll be in Singapore as well so I can see him and celebrate!
HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY KOKO!
Anyway, today is also the commencement of Ramadhan (where Muslims all over the world fast for a month leading up to the celebration of Hari Raya). Muslims are not allowed to eat, drink or smoke during the day and if seen doing these things in public, a fine up to $500 will be imposed on the first offence, $750 on the second and $1,000 on the third offence (well, in Brunei that is, I’m not sure if this is applicable elsewhere). They take this very seriously... So yes, why am I mentioning this? I was so shy to be eating lunch on the plane when there were a number of Malay’s on board.
Once I touched down back in Singapore, my aunt was there to pick me up. We then took the bus back all the way to Causeway Point at Woodlands to have our late lunch after which we headed back home and waited everyone to come home before going out to celebrate my cousin’s birthday. When everyone was back, we spent our first night out at Causeway Point to eat out at Ichiban for my cousin’s birthday. After that we headed home and it was time for me to prepare myself both mentally and physically for the Interview tomorrow. It’s definitely a nerve-wrecking night for me! I have high hopes that I’ll get my study permit to U of Alberta!
Goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment