Currently listening to Leave Right Now by Will Young. Feeling down and emo even after a hell of an outing today seeing everyone. It’s simple really - started the day off in a bad mood, everything got better for a while, and then back to the horrible feeling when I clicked back into reality... So what’s bugging my mind right now? Stay tuned!
So we’ll start with the good:
Today it was planned that we would meet up with friends for a casual photoshoot and a dinner afterwards. I had about 16 invitees but only 7 (including me) showed up for the photoshoot and 13 came for the dinner.
SO at 11AM, I headed on to Siti’s place for a complete make over - well not really. Just had her help me curl my hair and apply my make up there. Val was there too. Then at around 1PM, we headed out to have our late lunch at Le Taj and finally to the photo studio to get our pictures taken.
The people at the shoot were Javier, Nabilah, Nyssa, Sheng, Siti, Valerie & myself that went from 3PM-6PM. We had a hard time narrowing down 115 photos to 20 photos in the end (it was $15 per photo and all of us were penny-pinching at the time).
So then after our photoshoot, we headed on to Secret Recipe (probably about a few blocks away) and sat down at the restaurant waiting for people to arrive. When the others showed up (others being Aqilah, Cheryl, Gyver, Hazim, Hui Yen & Tharindu), we placed our orders and had our catch up conversations with everyone. We still continued our conversations when dinner was served, and even after dinner, we just sat around the tables and talked while waiting for people to be picked up and head home. With that accounted for, we all went our separate ways at 8PM.
Unfortunately there’s no avoiding my headache:
(For starters, I’ll let you know that it took me three days to write this section. I was just so upset with what I heard, but here I am now with the info - after reading this, you’ll know the feeling going through my head...)
So, today early morning I received a call from my Dad. He told me that the Visa Office in Singapore had provided the Canadian Parliament a reason why my Dad’s application for a temporary resident visa was not granted. The reason was that they suspected that my Dad was going to go there, hide, find a job and never return to Brunei/Indonesia. For crying out loud! His reason is to send me off to Canada for University okay? Well, on the officer’s part, I understood why she suspected that. She asked my Dad, “How if your daughter’s permit is rejected, do you still want to go to Canada?” and the mistake was that my Dad said “yes” because this proved to be inconsistent with his plan to send me off to University. But to be honest, my Dad hesitated to answer this question and even had to look at me for an answer. My Dad ONLY said yes because he wanted to get his visa earlier than me so that he could work things out with his boss and work in Indonesia. Even if I didn’t get my permit, he had no more reason to go to Canada.
So what’s the problem now you ask and why is it leaving me in the dumps? Well, because of this, the Canadian Parliament have a feeling that I might be interrogated as well - because the Visa Office in Singapore have a feeling that I’m not actually going to Canada to study, but to hide, find a job and never return to Brunei again. They think that the study permit is just a way to get into the country. Seriously, I work my ass off to reach the required amount of IB points to be accepted into one of the most prestigious Universities in Canada and they think that I’m just gonna throw it all away? How stupid... So now I’ve been called to fly into Singapore for a scheduled interview on the 18th of August 2010 which is another problem for me. I planned to leave Brunei on the 14th of August to head to Manila for a day and then to Vancouver for a week to spend with my relatives before heading on to Alberta for University. Problems, problems, PROBLEMS!!! I’ve emailed the Visa Office in Singapore to see if they can arrange for an earlier date to schedule the interview.
I had to go through all this while my photoshoot and dinner with my friends today. How annoying! But hey, I guess I’m really good at bottling up my emotions in front of my friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment