So today a whole load of events took place, some good and some not so good at all.
The first thing that happened today was that my mom and I headed for the Canadian Embassy here in Brunei to talk to Peter Chen about my interview with the Canadian Visa Office in Singapore that is scheduled on the 18th. After our talk, I found out that my Interview with the Canadian Visa Office regarding my study permit had been moved to the 13th instead of the 18th.
After the whole study permit issue, it was time for my driving test! I was SO nervous, my heart literally pumped so hard as if wanting to escape my oesophagus! But, I tried to stay calm; all was going well until I hit my first obstacle, the dreaded slope! My engine stalled halfway up, and after that there was either something wrong with me, or with the car. I did everything that I was supposed to do, but the car still kept on rolling backwards. I checked my gear to see if it was on neutral, and I checked my handbrake to see if it was properly pulled up. By this time, I was in a panic mode; I literally could not figure out what I did wrong for it still kept rolling backwards. So I asked the examiner what is it that I was doing wrong, and he said that I did not pull my handbrake up properly... Finally (probably after 10 minutes), I was able to go over the slope and it was there that the examiner explained to me that I was already on the boarder line of failing my exam. So instead of failing me, he gave me one more chance, to go back and take more lessons, and come back when I’m ready. This way, I won’t have to wait 2 months before I can take my exam again and I wouldn’t have to pay $200 again. I was really happy that my examiner was this nice to me, but it was my driving teacher who really made me feel like a failure. She was scolding me in front of all the other driving teachers and I even heard from my mom that she was cussing about me, telling all the other teachers that I had miserably failed my exam; but when I told her that the examiner had given me another chance, she was embarrassed in front of the other teachers - good for her!
After a miserable driving exam day, I headed straight to the Mall to meet up with Adib, Val and Wana. I haven’t seen Adib nor Wana in a LONG time so it was really nice seeing them again!We chilled out at Secret Recipe, drinking tea and eating cheesecakes as well as talking about Uni life, my terrible driving test, and generally cussing about other people as well (none in specific), or more or like a bunch of people with the same personalities and attitudes, you know, stereotyping? After that we walked around the Mall and Centerpoint as well. At about 6pm we all headed our different ways - yeah, short but sweet :)
When I got home, I was still a bit miffed about what happened in my driving test today. I can’t believe that my driving teacher made me feel like such a BIG failure! To be honest, I cried myself to sleep at night just thinking about it... FML. But to be honest, this is definitely something that I will keep in mind; a lesson learned from today:
Everyone deserves a second chance.
Enough said.

No comments:
Post a Comment