Yes I know, you could say that I haven’t been updating my blog for a while - just about a week since! Anyway, the reason? Lack of Internet connection at home. Something’s wrong with our telephone line and because of that, Internet speeds are soooooooooooooooooooo low... Like very low that it’ll take you 30 minutes just to load a freaking page! And to top that, when it finally loads, it’ll say ‘page cannot be found’ -_-” what an ass. Anyway! As I type this right now, Telbru people are fixing up our e-speed connection as well as installing our wireless router - so Internet for all the laptops at home as well!!! :) So maybe while waiting for them to install everything, I’ll update you guys on what’s been happening this past week.
It’s nearing the end of midterm break (for ISB); for those of you who have just tuned into reading my blog posts, I’ve been working in ISB since the beginning of September helping out in the Library with Ms. Melinda (or Mrs. Soriano) and Ms. J in the Art Room with her IB classes. So basically, what have I been doing over the midterm break? Let’s start with the past up to today:
Saturday, October 16 2010
How many gay or lesbian friends do you know? How many of them do you know that have died from gay abuse? If none, then, well if we don’t do something about it, one day you might see your friend on the news. He or she died of suicide due to gay abuse. October 20th was declared ‘Stop Gay Abuse’ day and people in favour for this cause are requested to wear purple in memory of the recent suicide deaths of teenage boys...
So what does that have to do with tonight’s post? Well, if you should ask, today a couple of friends including myself decided to head to the photo studio to get our pictures taken; with this theme in mind. The reason for us doing this is to help create awareness as well as for a portfolio project of mine that I had in mind. So yes, we wore purple and had our pictures taken. The group of us included: Adam, Nur, Siti, Valerie and myself - Cheryl was supposed to come, but she forgot; well she thought it was next week... The final picture that I will choose for my portfolio will be posted here on my blog on the 20th of October, the actual day for “Stop Gay Abuse”. The only reason why we did it early is because most of my friends aren’t free so yes, why not do it in advance? The thought is still there and naturally, we shouldn’t just celebrate it on one day, but everyday throughout the year to really STOP this madness...
After we had our photos taken (which was from about 5:30-7pm; inclusive of the time we spent waiting for Cheryl to come), we squeezed into Nur’s car as she drove us over to Secret Recipe. It was there where we met up with Cheryl and Will. Yes, Cheryl was super late to the photoshoot and yet earlier than all of us to Secret Recipe :P So we ordered our food and caught up with everybody. It was nice seeing all of them again after so long! I mean, my last hangout (based on my posts) was September 28, but that was only with Adib, Amirah and Valerie. Anyway, it was nice seeing Will since the last time I saw him; which was a month ago I think? Yeah, at school before he had this attachment thing with the Brunei Museum.
Anyway! So we ate, talked and goofed around with this empty can of coke (coca cola just incase others think otherwise). Then we headed our separate ways; well all of them were going to head off to the Mall, but I wanted to head home for something more exciting... *smiles evilly*
That something exciting will be revealled... In tomorrow’s post :)
Phrase of the day:
“Damn you to the pits of Escargot Hell!”
--- William Phillip George, 2010.
Sunday, October 17 2010
So judging by the picture, I think you guys what this post will be about; nonetheless what the “excitement” was about in my previous post. Yes, I’ve been waiting for this moment to arrive since Monday! Since I was promised that this would arrive by last week Monday... Anyway! What am I talking about? My new Toyota Vios 2010 that is! I know, EVERYONE has one - to quote someone. So what? At least my Dad was nice enough to get me a brand new car without me having to beg or plead. I’m not showing off... I’m just telling you. Anyway! Before I continue any further about this, I’m gonna talk about my day first!
So, as usual on a Sunday morn, I woke up early to wash my Mom’s car. My car didn’t need any washing because it was still newly polished when it came last night. After washing the car, I helped my sisters give the puppies a bath, and it was after that we noticed that Freedo was feeling a bit sick because he looked so sad and he didn’t even want to eat his breakfast. Speedo ended up eating all of it - his and Freedo’s. We just left him there because we needed to go out; so maybe he’d feel a bit better when we got back.
We headed out and waited at Express for friends that I made working at the Library in ISB, Mrs. Soriano, her husband and their son. We had offered them to have brunch with us at the New Golden Leaf Restaurant since Ms. Melinda asked me where I got my take-out one time during lunch at school. I couldn’t explain where the restaurant was exactly so we showed them the way and had brunch together. My mom talked a lot to them, mainly about how they’re coping in Brunei and ISB basically - the highs and lows of it. After brunch, we went our separate ways... We headed to Unitek to buy some DVDs and then headed back home for a bit.
After a while, we headed out again to send my sisters to Sunday Class; and guess who drove them there? ME of course! I was so scared. I haven’t driven in like a month and I was driving on a road that I have never driven on before! I mean, even though it was highway basically throughout, I nearly crashed into another car... TWICE! I was going to say LOL, but I don’t think that’s even funny anymore... :S It was when switching lanes. My sisters made me tense... Why? They wore their seat belts for the first time at the backseats. They NEVER put their seat belt on when my mom drives. LOL. So yeah, drove to the church and then back home. And in about 4 minutes, I’m going to go out again and pick them up! Of course, with my mom in the passenger’s seat to kind of just guide me through the whole thing. At least now she’s not screaming and shouting at me... Not like when I drove her manual... Thank GOD for autos! Praise the man/woman who invented the auto car!
Monday-Friday, October 18-22 2010
So yes, even though it’s midterm break (aka. no work for me), I just can’t seem to get rid of the early morning wake ups that haunt me everyday. Since I got the car, my mom and Angela always insist that I drive her to school in the morning. So wake up call 6:45AM, drop Angela off at school and then head back home. By the time I get home, I just can’t seem to go back to bed; how annoying. My mom sat in the car with me from Monday-Wednesday just to coach me with my driving. Wednesday night, she insisted that I learn how to drive at night... And so I did; to pick up Alyssa from ballet at Kuilap, have dinner at KFC and then back home. It was a smooth ride and no near-crash experiences.
Thursday morning I sent Angela to school again, this time without my mom, but I had my other sister Alyssa wake up early to follow in the car with me just to have company on my way back home. Again, no near-crash experience.
Friday morning - got to be the busiest of them all! So we headed out from the house at 9 to Kuilap to pick up my sister Angela from her voice lessons. After picking her up from Expression, we headed to Unitek (not using the huge roundabout) to check the Sibelius software that we bought from them a few days ago. We couldn’t locate the serial number so we went here to check where the serial number could be found. After Unitek, I was on the road again. We headed to New Golden Leaf Restaurant to have our brunch and then after that, we headed back home - don’t forget that I’m still behind the wheel at this time. Then on the Berakas highway on the way to the Muara roundabout, something happened to my CD player, so I took my attention off the road for a bit to arrange it. What I didn’t know was that I was veering off course onto the second lane and the car that was there honked at me! Shit man I was so scared :S Anyway... Like my mom said “Charge to experience”
Anyway! YES! E-Speed is fixed and wireless installed! :D


No comments:
Post a Comment