Saturday, 2 October 2010

C'est Octobre!

I can’t believe that it’s already October! Time sure flies by real quickly! But man what a way to spend the first day of the month... Well, at least it wasn’t as bad as last month when I was condemned at home with a terrible cough, flu and fever; but I did have to get up really early in the morning to head to work today...
I spent the morning in the library, shelving returned books and sticking done barcodes and spines on the new books. After that, I just did my own work like researching up Universities and working on my portfolio for LASALLE. By period 5 I headed to the Art room to help out Ms. J with her Year 12 class and do a bit of studio work for my portfolio. Time flew by real quick too only because there was a special assembly going on about the ISB Eco-Action Team - the launching of our new eco-logo. So basically I had about 15 minutes of art time with the Year 12s. When assembly time came, I hid in the library - shhhhh! I wasn’t all that excited to attend the assembly, plus I had more library work to do anyway! And I was half chatting to Val on Facebook as well about how blogs help us practice our English writing skills - FOR SOME OF US ;) Yes, and I have pointed out that I tend to be very formal with my blog entries. Formal meaning that I barely use shortcut words and NEVER (well maybe on some occasions) use very bad English intentionally. I write my entries as if I were writing an IB HL English A1 essay on Antigone or Miss Julie - I guess one way to spot that you’ve never really gotten over IB...
It was then time to go home after the assembly had finished. We had lunch out, and by we I mean my Mom, Angela, Alyssa and myself had lunch out and then headed back home. We had a rest for a bit before my Mom and I headed out again to go to HRD and inquire about applying to Australia - yes, if I haven’t stated it yet, I am applying to both Singapore and Australia for University since Canada didn’t work out. I’m still on the fence about reapplying to Canada again for my study permit since UofAlberta said that they can hold my application until the Winter (January) 2011 intake. Anyway! So yes, like I said, I headed to HRD with my Mom and these are the choices for my Australian Universities (in order of preference):
  1. UNSW COFA in Sydney
  2. Griffith University in Brisbane
  3. QUT in Brisbane
  4. RMIT in Melbourne
I was gonna keep the first one a secret from Val until I got a letter of offer/acceptance from the U and secured my study permit, but oh well, here’s to you Val - I might end up going to the same U as you! So sad though that we won’t be on the same campus; but at least you’ll have a friend! Now wasn’t that nice? Finding out through my blog of my plans :P
After visiting HRD, I headed back home and did some more portfolio work. Even though LASALLE needs only 10 pieces of work, I’m still continuing on producing artworks for future reference, but I must say that I’m currently having what I would call a ‘creativity block’ - I don’t know if there’s such a thing! Haha! Hopefully I’ll come up with other great ideas to keep my audience (namely Maheen and Tharindu) happy from viewing my virtual portfolio.
I cooked dinner - so proud of myself even though I’ve been doing this for the past month. After dinner I went back to coming up with ideas for my next piece, but still not spilling any juice. Maybe tomorrow when my brain’s not dead from an early morning awakening I’ll be able to come up with idea in a blink of an eye!
Goodnight everyone! I know it’s early for someone who’s technically still on holiday but I’m beat...

No comments:

Post a Comment