Friday, 26 November 2010

Updates!

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while! But thank you for tuning in and noticing my lack of updates so for you guy, I will definitely make this a very long and detailed post to keep you guys up to date with 'Life According to Allison.' So I'l start off with a little back tracking: my last post is dated on the 9th of November which is my birthday (for those of you who haven't read that post) :P From that date, I shall continue on (nothing much exciting happened from then until now but nonetheless, a few things have happened so happy reading!)

Sunday, 14th November 2010

Happy 20th Birthday Shey-Shey!
(Don't get me wrong, I did greet her on the exact date through Facebook)


Angela's Confirmation (5:30PM-8:00PM) It was Angela's Confirmation at COLA; she is now a Confirmed Roman Catholic and like me, 3 years ago, I chose my Confirmation name. Say hello to Angela Maria Michaela!


Family photo with Bishop and Angela's Ninangs: Ninang Carem and Ninang Precy
(Ninang = Godmother)

Call time was at about 4:30PM, so hours before that my mom, my sisters and myself found ourselves and the parlour getting our hair done for the occasion. After that we headed to COLA (Church of Our Lady of Assumption) and prepared for the mass. By 5:30PM, the mass began and we went through it as a normal mass and right after the Homily was the Sacrament of Confirmation. When Bishop went around and anointed with oil the 22 Confirmandiis for this year, we congratulated them and carried on with the mass until 7:00PM.

When mass was over, parents and friends of the Confirmandiis were invited to a celebratory feast at the Parish Hall where the Confirmandiis were awarded with their certification of Confirmation. The other Youth classes put on performances for everyone to enjoy while having their dinner. It was a fantastic night. Oh! And have I mentioned that Nico (my son) was also confirmed on this night?




Nico & I :)

After the celebration, it was time to go home. It didn't last for very long, but it felt like forever! When we got home, I was so worn out that after I cleaned up and slipped into my pjs, I headed straight off to bed...

Saturday, 20th November 2010

Yes, as you can see that between the 14th and the 20th nothing much happened, other than the fact that I had lots of work to do at school. Well, I wouldn't call it work, more like abuse? Nah - that's just going overboard but yes... The amount of work to do for FOBISSEA? Damn. To the point that I didn't even go to school on Thursday know the event was on Friday - you know, all the last minute, pressure work...

Anyway! Enough about work and lets talk about what really went down on the 20th. First I headed down to JMPC to do my x-ray for my visa application to Australia. I was so scare because including this x-ray, I've had 3 x-rays this year. You know, the whole idea of radiation linked to cancer and stuff *knocks wood* But yeah, after that I headed over to Golden Leaf with my mom and my sisters for brunch. We got home and then a few minutes later I headed out to Time Square (driving my own car) to meet up with the girls, Cheryl, Nur, Siti and Val. Ah you gotta love parking in an overly crowded place (there were a lot of people there during the time since it was around noon). I made three rounds and finally found a parking spot! Knowing that meeting time was at 12PM, I rushed to our meeting place for it was 12:40PM already. To my surprise, I was early. Damn. LOL.

Anyway they arrived moments later and Nur arrived around 1PM when we were all sat down at Pastamania for late lunch. I didn't eat much since I already had brunch with my family. After having lunch at Pastamania, we roamed around Time Square for about 2 hours. After that I had to head home to get ready for church while the rest of them headed over to the Mall to watch Megamind, without me :( oh well! They had fun...

Monday, 22nd November 2010

As usual, I went to work and did the usual routine of a Monday morn. After that, I went straight to the Riverview Medical Clinic to do my medical examination for my visa application to Australia. Let's just say that I was uber delighted when they didn't take my blood - I hate needles and I hate seeing blood extracted from my body (I know you'll tell me to close my eyes, but hey when I gave blood for my Canadian visa, the guy poked me and said "why no blood?" because apparently no blood was coming out; then as I opened my eyes I saw the blood coming out... What a B!)

After the medical exam, nothing much happened, just went home and did the usual when I'm at home.

Wednesday, 24th November 2010

Today was unlike any other normal day - not that something supernatural happened... I skipped work early morning to head to the Australian High Comm. to submit my application for student visa. I can say that I think it went well - as in I am confident that I will get my student visa to Australia. The lady said that they just have to wait for my medical exam results to see if I'm healthy or not...

After the Australian High Comm. my mom dropped me off at ISB for work. After work, the REAL work started. We (as in, me driving) headed to the Jerudong Amphitheatre for Alyssa's blocking rehearsals for her Ballet Concert this coming 27th. Teacher Regina had a job for me to do, which was make a collage of photos of her students for the centre fold - THE CENTRE FOLD! What a privilege. We left the printers at around 7PM and made it back to Kuilap for dinner with Teacher Regina at KFC. After dinner, we headed to the Studio to collect more photos off her and collect our concert tickets as well.

When all of that was done, I drove back home and was only able to start working at 9PM... Well actually 9:30PM - the computer was dying on me and I was so frustrated that night since I had quite a tight deadline. The centre fold had to be handed into the printers by the next morning (which is today) at 7AM. So yeah, that night when the computer stopped having seizures, I managed to complete my work by midnight...


Here's a sneak peak of my centre fold piece:



And here I am on the 25th November 2010 with Hazim next to me showing off his laminating skills (even when I was the one who taught him how to do it) LOL. It's okay, he has learned from the best indeed :P

Peace & out! Hope you guys had an earful :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment