Friday, 28 January 2011

Chris Medina's Audition


Chris Medina taking on another Script song; Break Even. Again, one of my all-time favourite band and favourite song; kudos Chris. Now comes the controversy: Did Chris Medina exploit his fiancee on American Idol? A poll posted up on rickey.org. I answered NO. And stats as of now are YES 38.8% and NO 61.2%

Maybe I am a bit on the fence here on this one. I mean, for the past 10 years contestants tend to go for the sympathy vote. Danny Gokey is a fairly recent example when he showcased his late wife a little to much on the show. But can we blame them? They've all got their own little story and I think it's okay to talk about them on TV - but maybe not too much. I don't think Chris Medina intentionally exploited his fiancee on American Idol. In my opinion (before haters out there start pouncing on me), I find him to be a very loving and caring person as it only shows that he still loves her even though things have changed. I want a man like him. I cried when he brought his fiancee into the audition room. It was very touching.

Story: (from rickey.org)


Chris Medina’s fiancee Juliana Ramos got into an accident before they got married. She has brain damage and Chris is now her caretaker.
Steven Tyler told her: “The reason why he’s singing so good is because he’s singing to you.” That was very touching.
I was touched by this story, but at the same time, I really felt bad for Juliana.
Vote for the Worst has already declared Chris Median the biggest douchebag this show has ever seen.

----

In addition to why I disagree with Chris being a 'douchebag' I remember what he said during his interview: "What kind of guy would I be if I walked out when she needed me most?" Tears ran down my eyes because sadly, most guys would, but not him. He is inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment